To promote equitable land distribution and public investment
that supports small-scale farming and fishing systems
Changes in AGENDAS
- The state intensifies support programme for small-scale farmers/producers.
- Alternative production processes which are ecologically sound are being promoted.
- Support for women small-scale farmers/producers/ fishers is prioritized.
Changes in BEHAVIORS / PRACTICES
- Farmers and fishers’ indigenous knowledge and innovation is being recognized, documented and valued.
- Involvement of direct beneficiaries in decision making
- Recognition and Support is given to enhance farmers and fishers preferred units of organization and production and fishing
Changes in POLICIES
- Restructuring the incentives framework to benefit small-scale farmers and fishers.
- Restructuring the market (infrastructure, legislation, compliance, procurement) for the benefit of smallscale farmers and fishers.
- Effective extension support for small-scale farmers and fishers policies exist.
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries extension policy is drafted.
Changes in IMPLEMENTATION
- To increase farmers, support programme budgets for small-scale farmers and fishers.
- Small holder farmers to make input in the selection of mentors / advisers.